- Call for Abstracts
- Field Trips
- Travel Information
- News and Links
Taking place on: 28 - 30 August 2014
Day 1, Saturday
Early departure from Johannesburg, to Mookgopong (Naboomspruit) area.
Afternoon visit of fluorite mine to observe mineralisation in Nebo Granite of Bushveld Igneous Complex
Day 2, Sunday
Visit outcrops of mafic unit of the northern limbo Bushveld Igneous Complex
Day 3, Monday
Morning visit of the old tin mine north of Mookgopong to observe mineralisation of Nebo Granite
Afternoon drive back to Johannesburg
Cost: R 4 750-00 per person
Min Number of participants: 10
Max number of participants: 35
Terms and Conditions:
1. Participation will be confirmed on receipt of payment.
2. Preference will be given to registered IMA delegates.
4. Any refunds issued will be subject to approval by the organising committee.
5. Cancellations received before 30 May 2014 will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.
6. Cancellations received between 31 May and 31 July 2014 will receive a 50% refund.
7. No refunds will be issued after 31 July 2014.
8. In the event that the tour is cancelled by the organisers, a full refund will be issued.
9. A decision will be made as to whether the tour will go ahead or not by 31 March 2014.
10. All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form prior to participating in the field trip.
11. All participants are to take out their own personal insurance cover for general travel insurance, personal liability, medical cover and dangerous activities cover. A copy of confirmation of insurance must be submitted to the organisers prior to participating in the tour.
12. The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel the field trip if necessary.