- Call for Abstracts
- Field Trips
- Travel Information
- News and Links
Taking place on: 3 September 2014 - afternoon (during the conference)
Tour Leader: Luisa Ashworth
Date & Times: Tuesday, 2 September 12:30 to 16:00
Description of Tour:
12h30: Departure from Sandton City for Betta Sanitaryware Factory
The ceramic factory field excursion aims to introduce geologists to the practical applications of industrial minerals, such as feldspar, quartz, and kaolinite, in the ceramic industry. The factory to be visited is Betta Sanitaryware, the dominant supplier of sanitaryware in sub-saharan Africa, with close on 50% market share in the region. The factory is highly automated, and makes use of the high pressure casting methodology, which contributes to a reduced wastage factor and consistency in casting. Our visit will be to the production plant where we will be shown the step-by-step process of sanitaryware production.
15h00: Departure from Betta Sanitaryware Factory
16h00: Arrival at Sandton Convention Centre
Registration: Delegates for the day trip will be able to register for the day trip at the main entrance to the Sandton Convention Centre, Maude Street, Level 0, 30 minutes prior to departure. Each delegate will receive a name badge. Please ensure that you display your name badge at all times for security and control purposes
Parking: Parking is not included in the registration fee and needs to be settled on the day of departure. Parking tickets will be able to be purchased at the Sandton Convention Centre Management Offices (VIP North Side) on Level 1 at a cost of R 31.00 per car per day. Payments can be made by cash or credit card.
Food & Beverage: A light lunch and refreshments will be served. Bottled water will be available
Special Notes: Please ensure that you have a form of Identification on person (Identity Book: Passport or Birth Certificate)
Cost: R 400-00 per person
Min number of participants: 7
Max number of participants: 15
Terms and Conditions:
1. Participation will be confirmed on receipt of payment.
2. Preference will be given to registered IMA delegates and accompanying persons.
4. Cancellations received before 30 June 2014 will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.
5. Cancellations received between 1 July and 15 August 2014 will receive a 50% refund.
6. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after 15 August 2014.
7. Refunds are subject to the approval of and at the discretion of the organising committee.
8. The organising committee reserves the right to change or cancel this tour.