- Call for Abstracts
- Field Trips
- Travel Information
- News and Links
Taking place on: 7 - 10 September 2014
13:10 Fly in OMD
13:30 – 15:00 Travel to Rosh Pinah
15:00 – 15:45 Check in at Accommodation
16:00 – 18:00 Visit Geo Center and McMillan Memorial (Sundowner)
18:30 for 19:00 Dinner
07:30 – 13:00 Rosh Pinah Mine Visit
07:30 - 08:00 Arrive at main gate for induction
08:00 - 09:00 Presentation RPZC at TS board room
09:15 - 09:45 Change house and signing in
10:00 - 12:00 Surface and underground trip
12:00 - 13:00 Surface stockpile
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch on transit to Lorelei Cu Mine
14:00 - 17:00 Visit to historic Lorelei Copper Mine and diamictite site
18:30 for 19:00 Dinner
07:30 - 16:00 Skorpion Mine Visit
07:30 - 08:00 Travel to Skorpion Mine
08:00 - 09:00 Induction
09:00 - 10:00 Presentation Skorpion Mine
09:15 - 09:45 Changehouse and signing in
10:00 - 15:00 Mine Visit and stock piles
16:00 - 16:30 Travel back to Rosh Pinah
16:30 - 17:30 Visit Albert Johr Collection
18:30 for 21:00 Dinner/Presentation Function
Oranjemund/Sendelingsdrift Mine Visit
07:30 - 08:00 Travel to Sendelingsdrift Diamond Mine
08:00 -09:30 Sendelingsdrift Mine Visit
09:30 - 10:30 Travel to Oranjemund
11:00 - 12:00 Presentation Diamond Mining Namdeb
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch pack from Namdeb
12:30 - 13:00 Transport to OMD air field
13:40 Flying out to WDH
Cost per person: R21 000 per person
Included in cost:
- Return flights
- Lunch packs
Persons are under own arrangements for dinner.
Persons to have correct currency prior to the trip.
- Each delegate will be required to provide a valid police clearance certificate and copy of passport at least a month in advance of the field trip in order for restricted area permits to be obtained from the Ministry of Mines and Energy.
- Persons are responsible for their own visa application & travel insurance.
- Persons to ensure they have the required vaccinations before entering South African & Namibia, depending on their country of origin or place of travel prior to the conference.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Participation will be confirmed on receipt of payment.
2. Preference will be given to registered IMA 2014 delegates.
4. Refunds will be granted at the discretion of the organising committee.
5. Cancellations received before 30 May 2014, will be refunded less a 10% administration fee.
6. Cancellations received between 31 May and 31 July 2014 will be refunded 50% of the tour price.
7. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after 31 July 2014.
8. In the event that the tour is cancelled by the organisers, a full refund will be issued.
9. A decision will be made as to whether the tour will go ahead or not by 31 March 2014.
10. All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form prior to participating in the field trip.
11. All participants are to take out their own personal insurance cover for general travel insurance, personal liability, medical cover and dangerous activities cover. A copy of confirmation of insurance must be submitted to the organisers prior to participating in the tour.
12. The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel the field trip if necessary.