- Call for Abstracts
- Field Trips
- Travel Information
- News and Links
Tour Leaders: Annegret Lombard and Louis Coetzee
Date & Times: Tuesday, 2 September 13:00 – 17:00
Description of Tour:
SGS Laboratories has earned the reputation for applying the same ethical principles, procedures and quality standards in our mobile laboratories that we do in our own on-site and commercial laboratory facilities. Our mobile laboratories allow you to access trusted, third-party laboratory services in locations that might not otherwise support full laboratory facilities.
Allowing SGS to locate, equip, staff and operate a mobile laboratory on your project site, no matter how remote, will ensure that you benefit from our full scope of capabilities. SGS mobile laboratories provide fast turnaround and the complete, accurate, geochemical or assay data that you need to effectively run and optimize your operations.
You gain a competitive edge when you take advantage of SGS's mobile laboratory services. By choosing SGS's mobile laboratory services, you will:
• Benefit from fast turnaround and accurate, reliable geochemical and assay data
• Take advantage of SGS's globally recognized technical expertise and quality management program audit
• Avoid project delays due to construction of a more permanent testing facility
• Reduce shipping delays
• Focus on the core aspects of your operation
• Allocate your financial and staff resources more effectively to free up capital, staffing or shipping
• Gain flexibility - our mobile laboratory service allows you to choose the testing program that best suits your needs
• Take advantage of our expertise and experience in real time, at the remotest location
When you choose an SGS mobile laboratory, you get globally recognized geochemical data at your doorstep. Contact us to see how you can take advantage of our extensive lab subcontracting expertise and experience anywhere in the world.
13:00-13:45 Departure from Sandton Convention Centre: Arrival at SGS Booysens
14:00- 16:00 Tour of SGS Laboratories
16:00-17:00 Departure from SGS Laboratories and return to Sandton Convention Centre
Registration: Delegates for the day trip will be able to register for the day trip at the main entrance to the Sandton Convention Centre, Maude Street, Level 0 30 minutes prior to departure. Please board the vehicle timeously. Each delegate will receive a name badge. Please ensure that you display your name badge at all times for security and control purposes
Parking: Parking is not included in the registration fee and needs to be settled on the day of departure. Parking tickets will be able to be purchased at the Sandton Convention Centre Management Offices (VIP North Side) on Level 1 at a cost of R 31.00 per car per day. Payments can be made by cash or credit card.
Food & Beverage: A light lunch and refreshments will be served. Bottled water will be available